Tuesday 6 December 2011

Smørrebrød at Kanal Cafeen

Following my dad's suggestion, I took this afternoon to taste something from the danish culture, the famous Smørrebrød.
The Smørrebrød is basically a open faced sandwich, with 1 slice of bread and thousands of different toppings.
After researching for a while on the internet, found a couple of websites suggesting places to go, nice local restaurants and stuff like that.
I chose the Kanal Cafeen which was the closest to my hotel. Wonderful choice. Got there, the place was full, and also fully booked for lunch. Luckily I got a place. The menu had easily over 20 options of Smørrebrød. Really hard to chose as all of them seemed very interesting.
After a couple minutes of thinking, I decided to go to something I found very interesting and never tasted before.
It was the Lamb Belly rolled with spices and cured in the rye bread. The lamb was great and really similar to the Italian Porchetta I would say.
Well enough talking, I also took 2 pictures, hope you guys enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment